SUP is for everyone! Age and size don’t matter. I have the right board for you and a ZERO failure rate. Anyone CAN stand up paddle!
SUP, like most other activities, is best learned through instruction by skilled and patient teachers. The proper paddle stroke requires a combination of technique, posture and a desire to develop into a series of movements that provide maximum power and efficiency through the least amount of motion and energy. One lesson can give you a great start to the basics of a good paddle stroke. However to increase your skill, more instruction is required to remember and execute all you’ve been shown in the first lesson. Most leave with a really good foundation, but so much is introduced at one time, adjustments made from the eye’s of a skilled teacher can turn you into an excellent paddler, regardless of your long term goals.
Lessons are available any time of year as long as you want to paddle, I’ll be there with you. October and November offer some of most beautiful weather and scenery of the year.
- Individual Lesson – $90 approximately 2 hours
- Semi Private Lesson – $65 each – 2-3 people approximately 2 hours
- Family/Group Lessons – $50/person ( 4-6 people , age 12- adult) approximately 2 hrs
- Kids (7-11 years old) with adult – $25- When paddling with adult- small children can ride on board with instructor
SUP Schools for 2015
Beginner classes are intented to introduce you to stand up paddling with emphasis on safety, balance, relaxation and paddle techniques that will provide the skills to get you comfortably on the water. Proper technique provides one of the best core and aerobic exercises available by using all of your muscles at same time as opposed to isolated muscle group training. No impact movement is perfect for those with issues keeping you from other sports or exercise. Less stress on the back and joints.
Classes require a minumum of 6 people. Gather your own group or join a mixed group. First come first served. Beginner classes will have 4 sessions for 1.5 hours over 2 weeks and vary to fit schedules of local and out of town participants. Cost per person is $150. A $50 deposit at time of registration by credit card or check. Refundable up to 7 days before first class. Balance required at first lesson. Non- refundable unless a replacement from a wait list. Make up days available in case of rain.
If you’ve held off learning SUP due to price, age, body type, fear, or don’t think you are coordinated, this school is for you! Anyone can learn SUP. In 5 years of teaching, NO ONE has failed to stand up and paddle! So, get up, stand up this summer!
Class content by lesson
1. Learn about your board and paddle, safety, an overview of strokes and techiques you will learn, get on your board, stand up and paddle, fall off and get back on your board.
2. Learn paddle techniques, turning, work on balance and relaxing.
3. Continue paddle techniques.
4. Reinforce paddle strokes and paddle 2 miles
Schedule: 4 lessons TBA Soon.
Location : Lake Blue Ridge Day Use Area on Dry Branch Road, accessed from Aska Road or Old Hwy 76.
Call or e-mail for more info.